Vahbiz P. Karanjia
Prior to joining EPSTEIN OSTROVE, LLC in 2015, Vahbiz worked at a large-regional Law Firm in their Complex Business Litigation Practice, specializing in False Claims Act and government investigations work. Some of Vahbiz’s litigation experience while at EPSTEIN OSTROVE, LLC includes the representation of:
- Prominent National Title Insurance Company and its policyholders in a variety of litigation including mortgage priority disputes; litigation concerning the nature and scope of easements and boundaries; as well as issues regarding clouds on title.
- Small business owners in business divorce litigation and business valuations.
- A New Jersey Pharmaceutical Company in connection with a misappropriation of trade secrets case.
- Coast-to-coast Training Academy for Sleep Medicine and associated professionals in their defense of breach of contract actions brought in both State and Federal courts.
- New Jersey Homeowners in Consumer Fraud Act lawsuits against contractors for shoddy workmanship and violations of the Home Improvement Practices regulations.
Since joining EPSTEIN OSTROVE, LLC, Vahbiz has been actively involved in coordinating and steering the training and professional development of new associates. In 2017, she was appointed by the Supreme Court of New Jersey to a District Fee Arbitration Panel. Vahbiz was selected in 2018 as a “Rising Star” by New Jersey Super Lawyers.
Vahbiz earned her B.A. from the University of Michigan – Ann Arbor and graduated cum laude from the Villanova University – School of Law. She was the Symposium Editor for the Villanova Environmental Law Journal. Vahbiz is admitted to practice before New Jersey and New York State Courts, as well as, the Federal District Court for the District of New Jersey; United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey; Federal District Court for the Southern District of New York; and United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. Vahbiz is a member of the Middlesex County Bar Association and New Jersey State Bar Association.
In her personal time, Vahbiz is an avid adventure seeker having trekked Silverback Mountain Gorillas in Rwanda; climbed Macchu Picchu in Peru; and hiked to Mt. Everest Base Camp in Nepal.